Requesting Print Refunds
Please note: Print job refund requests must be submitted for approval within 7 days from date of printing issue. All other requests will be denied.
See Guidelines for requesting refunds at the bottom of this article.
Visit Printing for tips on printing, copying and scanning.
How to request a refund for Copies or Prints:
- Login to your Print Account (paper.dccc.edu) using your delaGATE credentials, i.e., DCCC id and Password
2. Click the "Recent Print Jobs" Tab.
3. You will see a list of recent prints, copies, and/or scans. From the list, choose the Job for which you are requesting a refund and Click the "Request Refund" link.
On the Refund Request Page, fill out the "Reason for Request" and click "Send." See Guidelines at bottom of article. You will see a green checkmark confirming that your refund request has been submitted. Your refund request will be reviewed based on the published refund Guidelines
- Refund requests take 1 – 3 business days to process. Check your account periodically to see the status of your request.
- If approved, your job will show in your Recent Print Jobs list as "Refunded", and your account balance will have increased by the full or partial cost per print job
If not approved, your job will show as "Refund Rejected", and your account balance will remain unchanged.
Additional pages beyond the initial 300 page allocation (30 Print Credits) can be purchased in blocks of 50 pages (5.0 credits) for $5.00 by contacting the Learning Commons Information Desk in room 4501 or the Office of Information Technology's Support Center at 610-359-5211, room 4274.
- You are responsible for logging out of the Copier/PC when finished. Refunds will not be issued for jobs processed by someone else on your account if you left the machine logged in. Therefore, you are responsible for ALL activity while your account is logged in.
- Refunds will not be issued for misprints.
- Refunds will not be issued for jobs submitted as single-sided that were intended to be sent as duplex and vice versa.
- Refunds will not be issued for accidentally printing too many copies.
- Refunds will not be issued for any sizing or zooming errors.
- Refunds will not be issued for any Color printing.
- Credits will be refunded only if the printer has malfunctioned and can be confirmed by the Office of Information Technology.
- Refunds are made on a per-job basis.
- Refund requests take 1 – 3 business days to process.
- Refunds are NOT provided for any unused PAID pages or free allocated pages.
Tips for printing, copying and scanning
- Printers are set to print Grayscale (B/W) and duplex (double-sided) by default to help reduce the cost of printing.
- When submitting your print job, check in the document preview pane at the bottom where you can see the total number of pages in your document. If you do not need the entire document printed, select the page range under the settings on the left side of preview, i.e., Pages: 2-4 (pages to print only)
- Check the settings to print single sided if needed.
- Number of print copies set to 1 by default. Test print quality first before changing number of copies to greater than one.
- Do not print the document again if you have received and confirmed the print job has been sent to the print release station and document failed to print. Notify a staff member or Office of Information Technology's Support Center 610-359-5211, Room 4274 (Academic Bldg) to report any issues.
- When printing a PDF from an online source, be sure to download the document and then print preview so to check all the settings are correct and only the page(s) you need are selected.
- Try to avoid printing email messages and web pages. Look for printer friendly options and PREVIEW before you print.
- When printing Power Point Slides, consider multiple slides per page. Again, check bottom of PPT to see the total number of slides. Change the option under settings to increase the number of slides per page.